Product Development Manager
Our client is a leading provider of fully managed network services providers. Now an independent business within the Lloyds Development Capital family, our client has entered the next exciting phase of its development.
The Product Development Manager is owner of the UK Managed Hosting portfolio and responsible for all product development and in Life management. Candidates must hold a Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline and have 4 years’ experience of operating in an Access Management, Product Management role within a major global telecom company or ISP, having held direct responsibility for new product development, associated marketing and life cycle management.
- Identify and understand customer needs and market trends to develop a competitive and market leading product set.
- Evangelise the Hosting portfolio throughout the company and drive sales growth through aggressive differentiation and target market positioning.
- To develop strategic partnerships and commercial relationships in areas where our client does not have core capabilities.
- Evaluation of the full commercial & technical delivery model for new and enhanced products in order to maximise profitability.
- Ability to articulate clear proposition verbally to Customers and interpret their requirements in support of opportunities.
- Translate customer needs into product features and capabilities with differentiated customer benefits.
- Drive customer acquisition and churn reduction objectives through targeted marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive product and customer documentation, including appropriate sales/support collateral and training.
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- Detailed understanding of the technical delivery of Hosting solutions and broader understanding of IP technology (IP VPN, Access, VoIP)
- An in-depth knowledge of Hosting products and services and their application for delivery of managed business solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of the Managed Hosting market in the UK for SME and Corporate sectors.
- Able to competitively position services.
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of the needs of the market and its buying processes as well as experience of market segmentation demonstrating an in depth understanding of the business issues driving both customers and competitors.
- Able to assimilate complex data, clarify options and present recommendations as part of business cases.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills and attention to detail, a high level of numeracy and the ability to interpret performance data and provide concise reports.
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Able to drive, influence and gain buy in from key stakeholders across the organisation to obtain the necessary support and commitment to ensure objectives are met.
- Able to achieve product goals by managing across multiple disciplines in virtual matrix structure. Builds strong relationships internally and externally.
Planning & Organisation
- Able to effectively manage individual and organisational priorities to meet objectives.
- Strong Project Management skills and experience to drive new and enhanced product delivery through all functional areas and ensure ready for service completeness prior to launch.
- Ability to manage projects including all associated resources to agreed timescales and budget ensuring satisfaction levels are maintained in respect of quality and timing of deliverables
- Able to communicate and influence to Managing Director and CTO level.