Sales Manager (2 vacancies)
Our client is a leading provider of fully managed network services providers. Now an independent business within the Lloyds Development Capital family, our client has entered the next exciting phase of its development.
Our client has head count for 2 new recruits.
High profile new business sales leads to spearhead sales of Managed WAN, LAN, IPT, Security, Unified Communications and Managed Hosting services to a limited number of high profile landmark target new business accounts in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Achieving agreed sales plan/targets within the company’s overall strategic business objectives
- Build a strong understanding of the company’s end to end solution and a deep understanding of the customer value proposition and key differentiators
- Working with the Sales Director to develop and implement a strategic sales plan to include pipeline development, opportunity qualification and structured sales campaigns.
- Build understanding, trust and intimacy at multiple levels within key named accounts in the UK, influencing customer thinking and strategies in order to drive new business development.
- Demonstrate significant operational as well as commercial knowledge of the customers' business and use this to build credibility as well as identifying sales opportunities
- Maintain detailed and accurate data on prospective customer organisation, engagement records, activity and sales plan in the company’s CRM system.
- Provide business forecasting and other reporting data to assist the business in resource and other planning.
- Manage personal development and performance of team members including setting and managing performance against KPIs and objectives.
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- Broad direct sales experience with strong experience in new business sales focussing on selling and closing complex solutions in the telecommunications/technology/managed services sector.
- Proven track record in managing direct sales teams, preferably in a new business leadership role.
- Successful candidates will have gravitas and credibility at C/C-1 level Experience of successfully handling/negotiating complex and demanding client relationships ideally in the enterprise market.
- Demonstrable track record of being a self-starter who is readily able and willing to take control of challenging client situations.
- Strong communicator and team leader with good virtual teaming experience and ability to operate in a matrix organisational structure.
- Experience in use of office applications especially MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
- Highly analytical, articulate and numerate with strong new business development credentials
- Self motivating, committed with 'can do' approach and able to demonstrate tenacity and the work ethic required to succeed.
- Likely to have strong appreciation of technological and business challenges facing CIOs and IT Directors within target customer space including telecommunications market, industry trends and developments and competitive landscape.
- Naturally customer service orientated with a passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Possess the potential to develop into a role with increasing responsibility