Senior Engineering Consultant
Our client is a specialist IT service provider based in Fareham, Hampshire. Since 1994, the company has been delivering professional IT and training solutions for businesses, education, local authorities and charities based in and around central southern England.
Supporting the Consultants and Key Account Managers by developing technical solutions, delivering technical scoping advice, working with budgets and producing proposals for the company's largest clients.
This is a key and varied role within the company and since you will be a point of contact with customers it is essential that a high level of professionalism is promoted. Working as part of a team, but able to work on your own initiative, it is vitally important that communications and professional skills are at a high level.
In return you can expect an exciting working environment, working with a wide variety of the latest technologies. You will have a rewarding career in an enjoyable, professional atmosphere. Our client has a culture of continuous learning and development, and training in new technologies will be provided. The company promotes excellent working conditions, stakeholder pension scheme and company healthcare.
- Undertake audits or strategic reviews of new clients to determine their current position and recommendations for the future (Infrastructure Optimisation Model).
- Formulation of strategic solutions at a technical level, aiding in the preparation of quotes and proposals, and working with the Consultant and Key Account teams managing the ongoing ICT requirements for our customers.
- Presentation of solutions to clients at a decision-maker level.
- Tender responses.
- Liaison between the project management team, technical engineering team and the customer to ensure projects work smoothly and run on time and budget.
- Development of our client’s service and product portfolio.
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- This role requires a strong technical IT background, preferably from a senior engineering background such as a Senior Engineer of Technical Pre-Sales Engineer. A full UK driving licence is also essential for this role.
- This is an exciting and challenging position for the right candidate. Communications skills and integrity are essential, as are a higher than average standard of grammar and written English. You will be educated to at least GCSE level C or above, English and Maths, and have a strong desire to develop your knowledge across broad aspects of the IT industry. A sound understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Excellent practical IT skills and experience in Windows Server, Exchange Server, Citrix Server and Telephony, VMware and Cisco are desirably along with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well in a team.