Created in 1995, our client occupies a leadership position in today's call centre marketplace. Over the past 10 years, the company has provided world-class contact centre solutions to over 650,000 agents and achieved a global presence.
Following significant changes within the company and a further strengthened senior management team with the appointment of a new chairman/CEO, our client is developing a UK-based operation.
This position supports the sales process, around the UK & IRE region. Whilst it is principally Guildfordbased, it is necessarily flexible and the position will support sales around the UK & IRE region as a whole.
Reporting to the UK & IRE Managing Director, this position will take its direction and role from the local sales resource, the sales team as a whole as well as the Managing Director. A high degree of independence and self-responsibility is expected and ‘responsible’ initiative is a valuable personal characteristic.
In terms of the physical components of the role, this is a very eclectic position. Overall, the position, due to its high knowledge of the operation of the technology, may be required to step in and aid in post-sales issues and challenges, indeed with anything necessary to guarantee the company's success in the region.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to resellers, customers, and prospects.
- Mentor reseller system engineers and/or provide installation and on-site technical support.
- Provide assistance in updating handlers to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical consultation to prospective clients on telephony technology, and our client's products/technology.
- Assist with trade shows.
- Complete request for proposals, request for information, and tenders.
- Provide on-site support to resellers or direct customers where technology implementation or product issues exist.
- Provide technical assistance to sales representatives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of current technologies and industry trends.
- Responsible for reducing the need for customer support by properly implementing products, effectively providing on-site customer technical assistance, and setting appropriate customer expectations.
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- University degree in a computer related field of study.
- Strong awareness of contact centre market both Inbound and Outbound with an ability to translate customer needs into solution benefits in a passionate way.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Windows based solutions.
- Professional experience working with IP networking to include architecture, design and VoIP.
- SIP experience given additional consideration.
- Professional experience with telephony applications.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Professional experience working with marketing and/or sales support.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate solutions to customer technical issues.
- Ability to work in a team to meet critical deadlines.
- Candidates with professional certification such as MCSP, MCSE or CCNA given additional consideration.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge in one or more of the following areas.
- PBX, ACD, IVR, Unified Messaging, Predictive Dialling, Recording products.
- Programming in VB.NET, C++, C#, .NET, Java scripting.
- Microsoft back office suite to include SQL.
- Email applications - customisation and installation.
- CRM applications - customisation and installation.
- Databases to include Oracle, SQL, DB2, etc. - installation and scripting.
- Networking to include Windows 2000, Cisco, LDAP, UNIX - architect and install.